To calculate the amount of concrete needed with this calculator for stairs, you need to know the rise, run, throat depth, and the width of the stairs. The throat depth of the stairs is measured from the point where the rise and run cuts meet on the inside cut, to the compacted gravel, or inside form, below.
Two Concrete Calculator are provided for different concrete mixes: General mix - 1:5 cement:all-in ballast or 1:2½:3½ cement:sharp sand:gravel. and. Paving mix - 1:3½ cement:all-in ballast or 1:1½:2½ cement:sharp sand:gravel. Comment: If you are wondering how 1:2½:3½ equals 1:5 ("shouldn''t it be 1:6" I hear someone say), the answer is ...
Concrete mix ratio: The strength of concrete mixture depends on the ratio in which these four ingredients are mixed. Concrete mix ratio of 1:3:3 - On mixing 1 part cement, 3 parts sand with 3 parts aggregate produces concrete with a compressive strength of 3000 psi.
· To make 1 cubic yard of concrete, you''d need seven 94-pound bags of cement, about 1/2 cubic yard of sand and just over 3/4 cubic yard of gravel. The amount of …
It contains a list of relevant materials such as gravel, mulches and topsoil, and tells you the right amount of depth to aim for per material (in inches). Some common examples include 3 inches for mulch, 1 inch for concrete bedding sand and 4-12 inches for gravel depending on your project.
Concrete Slab. Enter the width, length, and thickness of your pour and click calculate. The calculator will estimate the number of cubic yards of concrete that will be required.
· You can calculate the required volume of gravel by multiplying the gravel path area by the desired thickness: 23 yd² * 0.1 yd = 2.3 yd³. The last things to assess are the estimated weight of the required gravel and its cost. Knowledge about the weight of the cargo may come in handy when it comes to transportation.
· 1 cubic yard of gravel can weigh in the region of 2,200 lbs. Depending on your wheelbarrow size i. e 2 cubic foot wheelbarrow would be 2,200 divided by 14 for each trip''s weight to equal 1 cubic yard of gravel. 3 cubic foot sized, you would have 2,200 divided by 9 for each wheelbarrow weight (1 yard 3 cubic sized barrow)load.
· Concrete Mix Ratios (Cement, Sand, Gravel) More Properties. Preparing the right mix. Depending on the application concrete mix design can be complex. The below table gives a basic indication of the mix ratios used for different purposes but should be used as a guide only. Some additional things to consider when finding a suitable mix design ...
· Cement is much more expensive than sand or gravel. For this reason, the amount of sand and gravel or aggregates in the concrete is maintained at around 60 to 80 percent of the total volume. However, the quantities used to affect the product. The more aggregate used in the more rigid mixture that concrete becomes.
It takes 1.4 tons of stone per cubic yard. Gravel Cost Per Yard. Bulk gravel costs $15 to $75 per yard on average. Crushed concrete, sand and gravel mix, and crushed shells are the cheapest stones at $15 per yard. Crusher run, pea gravel, steel slag, and river rock typically cost $50 per yard …
Calculate Volume of Square Slab Calculator Use. Calculate volumes for concrete slabs, walls, footers, columns, steps, curbs and gutters. Enter dimensions in US units (inches or feet) or metric units (centimeters or meters) of your concrete structure to get the cubic yards value of the amount of concrete you will need to make this structure.
Cement per cubic yard (3000psi). 27 cubic feet equals 1 cubic yard. Enter number of bags of Portland cement or fraction of bag. Example: One and half bag, Enter 1.5 Round off answer to next even higher figures. This calculator is intended for approximate guidance. Working With Concrete Tips Hand Mixing Only use clean water, sand and gravel.
Concrete mix estimation. Our mix-on-site concrete calculation is based on batching by volume (Large construction sites employ batching by weight which is more exact). You can also estimate the quantity of sand and gravel required by weight; Simply multiply the volumetric quantity of sand and gravel with 1400 kg/m 3 (bulk density of sand) and ...
If you are planning on buying bags of premix concrete then check out our Premix Concrete Calculator (how many bags to buy). Give it a try and then be sure to try out our other calculators as well! For size = 6 inch: Cubic Yards to be filled = (L * W * 0.5 / 27); For size = 8 inch: Cubic Yards to be filled = (L * W * 0.67 / 27); For size = 12 inch:
Weight of Ready mix concrete in dry condition is about 133 lbs per cubic foot, 3600 lbs per cubic yard, or 2136 kg per cubic meter. The weight of concrete is determined by its density, which can vary based on the amount of aggregate, water, and air in the mix.
It''s about 1.8 metric tons, or about 1.6 imperial tonnes. I didn''t know but I knew how to find out. I googled pea gravel weight per cubic meter and got the answer 1788kg. One metric ton is 1000kg so this is 1.788tons, roughly 1.8tons. It''s best no...
How to Pack Down Rock Before Pouring Concrete | Home ...
The concrete ticket below shows a 3500 psi concrete mix for 10.5 yards of concrete. The ticket breaks down the weights of the amount of cement, stone, and sand used to make the 3500 psi concrete. The actual weights used to make this 10.5 yard load were: 1. Cement = 5,805 pounds. 2.
Calculating Quantities of Materials for per cubic meter or cubic feet or cubic yards concrete. Consider concrete with mix proportion of 1:1.5:3 where, 1 is part of cement, 1.5 is part of fine aggregates and 3 is part of coarse aggregates of maximum size of 20mm. The water cement ratio required for mixing of concrete is taken as 0.45.
Calculators. Calculate Estimated Aggregate Tons. Aggregate Volume Calculator. Density: 2400 2600 2800 3000 3200 3400. (approximate pounds per yard.) Length: (Feet) Width:
For estimating purposes, you can make about 1 cubic yard of concrete with 5 1/2 94-pound bags of cement, 17 cubic feet of sand, and 18 cubic feet of gravel. (It takes about forty 80-pound bags of prepackaged materials (like Quikrete) to make 1 cubic yard of concrete.)
All concrete is estimated in cubic yards (one cubic yard = 27 cubic feet). For large concrete jobs - four cubic yards or more - the concrete should be delivered by a ready-mix truck. It''s also possible to haul fresh concrete to your site in special two-cubic-yard trailers provided by concrete producers.
how to calculate amount of concrete sand and gravel . Multiply the cubic yards by 1 3/8 or 1.375 in decimal form to get the amount of gravel needed in tons. For example .76 X 1.375 = 1.045 tons needed for this project. Things You Will Need. Get Price; How many wheelbarrows of cement sand and gravel in a …
· To determine the cost to pour concrete slab, use the following tips: Amount. Calculate the volume of concrete you need in cubic yards. The formula for cubic yards is this: Multiply the length (10 ft.) by the width (10 ft.) by the depth (.35 ft., or 4 in.) and divide it by 27 (the number of cubic feet in a cubic yard).
26x26x.05 = 338; 338/27 = 12.5 cubic yards or 17.5 tons of gravel; As you can see there is a fairly wide range of possible sizes for a gravel shed foundation, each demanding a different amount of gravel. With this guide, though, you should be able to make a good estimate.
· Concrete cost per square foot. Expect to pay between $4.25 and $6.25 per square foot to have a plain concrete slab poured. To get an even better idea of how much your project will cost, get quotes from local contractors that can come see the site. Use our concrete calculator to calculate how many yards you''ll need for slab and footing pours.
Concrete is a material comprised of a number of coarse aggregates (particulate materials such as sand, gravel, crushed stone, and slag) bonded with cement. Cement is a substance that is used to bind materials, such as aggregate, by adhering to said materials, then hardening over time.
Most gravel weighs 1.4 to 1.7 tons per cubic yard. See below for more common material densities. For example, let''s find the amount of gravel needed for a space that is …
To use the Concrete Volume Calculator, simply enter the width, length, and thickness of your pour, click on whether you are measuring the thickness in feet or inches, then click on the Calculate button. The calculator will estimate the number of cubic yards of concrete that will be required.
Feb 15, 2020 · Cement is much more expensive than sand or gravel. For this reason, the amount of sand and gravel or aggregates in the concrete is maintained at around 60 to 80 percent of the total volume. However, the quantities used to affect the product. The more aggregate used in the more rigid mixture that concrete becomes.
Calculate Crushed Concrete Road Base. Type in inches and feet of your project and calculate the estimated amount of Recycled Materials in cubic yards, cubic feet and Tons, that your need for your project. The Density of Crushed Concrete Road Base: 2,410 lb/yd³ or …
An 80# bag of pre-mixed cement, sand and gravel (CONCRETE) is 0.6 cubic foot per the bag. There are 27 cubic feet in a cubic yard. So 27 / 0.6 = 45 80# bags. How many 60 pound bags of concrete are in a cubic yard? 60 pound bag yields .017 cubic yards. How many bags of quikrete does it take to make 1 yard of concrete? 45 bag
A level gravel surface will make it easy to calculate how many yards of concrete you''ll need. Pouring onto earth would force you to take into account the dips and rises of the terrain, resulting in a more general estimate for the amount of concrete you''ll need.